Pasta in Salsa

Shell Pasta with Salsa.


Pasta is one of our favorite dishes for dinner. My husband and I both love it and I usually make quite a few traditional recipes, but at times I also feel like I should, innovate and improvise and therefore find new ingredients to add and make my pasta a little different from the traditional ones. So here's one such recipe that I tried. It may seem a little strange. to you, but trust me, it's worthwhile!  If you have a taste for tangy, and a little hot flavors. I am very sure that you're going to like this. So give it a try.


To prepare the salsa

⚪2 big size tomatoes.
⚪1 jalapeno pepper
⚪3 big cloves of garlic.
⚪a bunch of cilantro.
⚪Salt to taste
Cut them into small pieces and blend it together. You can add more jalapenos, depending on how much heat you can manage. I usually add two jalapenos, with two big tomatoes.  However stick to 1 if two seems daunting.

Boil the pasta while you're preparing the salsa. I use shell pasta, but you can use any.

Now for vegetables.

⚪1 cup, sliced white mushrooms.
⚪2 celery sticks
⚪2 garlic pods-finely chopped.
⚪8 to 10 cauliflower florets- thinly slicedd. 
⚪1/2 of a big eggplant cut into small cubes.




Preparation.

⚪Heat oil. I use avocado oil.
⚪Add the chopped garlic and the rest of the vegetables.
⚪Saute them for a good five to eight minutes on medium high heat.
⚪Add the salsa into the vegetables and mix it well. Bring the heat to a low and stir it for 5 more minutes.
⚪Add your pasta into the mix and stir it well for 2-3 minutes.
⚪Sprinkle a little salt and pepper and your pasta is ready.
⚪Add a handful of finely chopped cilantro before serving.
⚪Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper
⚪And yes, if you are a cheese person, you can add a handful of vegan cheese or grated cheddar on top.

This recipe has become quite a favorite. Quick,  easy, interesting and very tasty in a random order! Try it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Sikkim -A Formidable Paradise.

The City of lights and the joy of being there.

An extraordinary sojourn to the Champagne Vineyards in Reims, France.