Falafel bowl

Hola!  

Almost everyone will agree that Mediterranean falafel-hummus bowl can be one of the most satifying foods! Yes it's a lot of chickpeas, so unless you are allergic to or don't like chickpeas, this bowl turns out to really scrumptuous, vegan/vegetarian/non-vegetarian alike. The husband loves it, so I end up making this bowl every so often. 

The first time I had made falafel, the process turned out exetremely painstaking and messy at the same time! Remember, I do not consider myself a good cook so for me I give a bit of a twist to standard recipes to make it to my convinience and taste and they turn out super tasty as told by my friends and family and that makes me quite enthusiastic! What had happened with my falafel was that I did leave the mixture in the fridge for a 4 hrs, however since the original recepie doesnt have corn flour or bread, I did not add those and the result was that they spread out as soon as I put them in the hot oil. Therefore, this time I decided to add the moist bread slices and the cornflour to the mixture as binding agents and also adding those did not change the taste whatsoever. So yes, the final result was super good  making me super happy!

SERVES- 2 ADULTS
PREP TIME-1hr.

1. HUMMUS

INGREDIENTS

1. Chickpeas / Garbanzo beans- 1 tin ( gms)
2. 3-4 garlic pods
3. 1 tsp full Tahini paste
4. 1 jalapeno pepper- deseeded and cut in 4 pieces
5. Lime juice- 1/2 lemon.
6. Salt
7. Olive oil- 1 tbsp
8. Zatar- 1 tsp
9. Fresh or dried chopped cilantro
10. Water- 2-3 tbsp

PREPARATION.

1. Add everything in the blender except Olive oil, Zatar and herb. Blend well adding the water when it gets too dry, until you get a creamy consistency. Taste to check the salt.
2. Take it out in a bowl and add the olive oil then sprinkle the zatar and the cilantro.



2. FALAFEL

INGREDIENTS

1. Chickpeas / Garbanzo beans- 1 tin ( gms)
2. Baby spinach- 3 cups.
3. Garlic pods- 4
5. Shwarma spice- 1 tsp full (If you don't have Shwarma spice, you can add cumin powder)
6. Paprika- 1/2 tsp ( or as per taste)
7. Salt
8. Bread slice- 2
9. Corn flour- 1tbsp full
10. Cooking oil- 2 cups.

PREPARATION

1. Add number 1 to 7 of the ingredients into the blender and blend well. If you feel its getting too dry and the blender isn't moving, add 1 tbsp water ( not too much though)
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Take the mixture out in a bowl.
4. Dip the bread slices in water for a second and take it out, squeeze the excess water and add it to the falafel mixture.
4. Also add the corn flour into the mixture and then mix it well.
5. Use a teaspoon to scoop up some mixture and use another teaspoon to push it into the hot oil. Ensure the oil is not too hot so as to burn the falafel. Should be at a medium-high.




SERVING

1. Serve the Hummus and falafel over a bowl of basmati rice with some salad of your choice or just plain cucumber and lettuce.


Hope you all have fun making this. Please let me know how that came out. So with that I am signing off tonight. Cheers🥂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Sikkim -A Formidable Paradise.

The City of lights and the joy of being there.

An extraordinary sojourn to the Champagne Vineyards in Reims, France.